The Ford Edge is one of the relatively newer crossover cars on the market. Its ability to cover characteristics of both small and medium sized cars makes it a top selling vehicle in its class. It comes in five different classes: SE, SEL, Titanium, ST-Line and ST. Lets learn more about the 2020 Ford Edge.
The 2020 Ford Edge is priced well in the crossover market. Of course the prices may increase depending on the upgrades. The standard MSRP prices are:
- SE: $33,000
- SEL: $36,000
- Titanium: $39,000
- ST-Line: $40,000
- ST: $45,000
The 2020 Ford Edge is built to serve as a medium size crossover SUV ranking in size between the Escape, Explore and Expedition.
The 2020 Ford Edge is a twin- scroll turbocharged 2.0L EcoBoost inline four cylinder engine that packs a 245 horsepower and a torque of 275 pounds feet. The engine has an automatic start/stop control which lowers the level of idling of the engine resulting in a drop in fuel consumption. The sports trim is boosted by a twin- turbo charged 2.7 L EcoBoost V6, which generates 315 hp energy and a torque of 350 pounds-feet.
The engine is paired with a 6 – speed auto which features a special gear shift and pad shifts that manually alternates between upshift and downshift options. It has a basic front wheel drive that can be upgraded to the smarter 4-wheel drive (AWD) system though the sport has only the AWD. The Fuel Efficiency is 21 mpg in the city and 29 mpg on the highway with the I4 (in line 4 cylinder) FWD engine.
Seat And Space
The 2016 Ford edge is a 4- door, 5 passenger car with 113.9 cubic feet of passenger space. Total cargo space is 73.4 cubic feet and has a 60/40 split folding of the rear bench seat.
The SE trim has an additional 10 – way power adjustable seats on the driver’s seat, adjustable 6 way power for the front passenger seat and an easy fold remote rear seat release and all the seats have a cloth cover upgrade.
The Titanium or Sports trims, have leather trimmed seating with front seat heating and a memory system for the driver’s seat. The sports trim as expected has special sports style seats.
The 2020 Ford Edge has a great entertainment system. It has the following features:
- 6- speaker stereo system
- CD player for playing music
- AM/FM radio tuner
- Ford’s SYNC communications system for voice activation for phone calls, messaging or music
- Sirius XM satellite radio to the SEL trim
- For the Titanium and sport trims, there is a twelve speaker 390 watt Sony system with HD Radio
- A new SYNC 3 has been added in the updated version for the SYNC
Ease Of Use
The 2020 Ford Edge offers superb features that enhance comfort. The features that help ease of use are:
- Cruise control,
- Push to start engine
- Automatic climate control system complete with air filter
- HVAC system has dual-zone control to enable the driver make temperature control
- There is also leather wrapping on the steering
- Auto-dim capability for the rear mirror
- Hands free liftgate for the trunk
- Transceiver for remotely controlling the garage doors in the Titanium and sports trims.
The 2020 Ford Edge is loaded with safety features. Some features are:
- Automatic collision features including dual knee, front impact and side curtain airbags
- SOS post-crash notification system
- Rear view camera to help driving in reverse
- MyKey to control the use of the car
- E-security system that uses keyless entry
- Panic alarm and for some trims
- Keyless entry keypad
Ford Edge Against Its Competitors
With challenging contenders like the Nissan Murano, Kia Sorento, and the Hyundai Santa Fe. The Ford edge has a high standard to live up to. The Murano is known for being one of the leading cars in midsize crossover range and its beautiful exterior. The Sorento’s advantage over the Edge is its third row. The Hyundai Santa Fe has a user friendly infotainment system that is better than the Edge.
The Ford Edge is a great car. If you want to learn more about the 2020 Ford Edge, visit your local Ford dealer You can learn more about the car and take it for a spin all at the same time.